Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My tv earphone is damaged, and there is no sound, on the

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My tv earphone jack is damaged, and there is no sound, on the screen appears the icon that there is a headphone plugged on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

Is there any visible damage to the headphone jack?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, but I tried to use a digital sound cable to improve the sound using my samsung sound system, but inserted a Phillips cable, which has a spear looking connector on one side, same diameter to the 3mm headphone jack, and plugged it on the headphone jack instead, now there is no sound, not even when using a headphone
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok, sometimes the little microswitch inside the headphone jack can get stuck, especially if the wrong connector has been pushed into it.

You can try plugging in and out some headphones several times and check if that helps to release the tiny microswitch.

If it doesn't, then the jack is likely permanently damaged and will need to be replaced by a repair tech.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?