Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Forgot password on a Panasonic viera tv, Can't get no

Customer Question

Forgot password ***** a Panasonic viera tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can't get no channels after switch to another rm it's asking for password ***** remember
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I guess not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model tcl32c5 i antenna (air ) i get one channel when i want the tv to scan for other channels it asks for password
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing else connected
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, working on it and get back to you in few minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, there is no easy or quick fix to reset password ***** this TV, it needs to go into factory menu of TV to restore default settings and this should be done by qualified TV tech to avoid any further trouble as any wrong setting could end up on dead TV.

Please reply back if you still want to try it at your own risk and I can provide you service manual copy to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If its not working i can't use so i guess I play with it before I get rid of it
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, you mean nothing to lose to play with it?

Would you like to get TV service manual copy that shows procedure to go into factory menu of TV?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm pretty handy so I play with it yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Nice, please click following link to download service manual copy...

https://www.mediafire.com/?uut5b6q8kkir76s

Please check page-7 and onward for details and use Reset to Default item to restore TV to default settings.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.