Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung HW J355 soundbar that I had connected via

Customer Question

I have a Samsung HW J355 soundbar that I had connected via an optical cable to my Samsung TV, but now no audio is coming from the soundbar. I've tried a new optical cable and a regular cable from the TV audio output and still no sound. Is the problem possibly with the soundbar itself or is there something else I should try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried another audio source such as smart phone or CD/ DVD player to soundbar as a test to see if it gives sound?

This test will help to narrow down the issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just now tried and yes it works via bluetooth on my tablet, so why do you think it's not connecting to the TV via optic cable?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

There are few possible causes of problem, either optical cable is broken internally or TV isn't sending out digital audio signal at optical out port for some reason or optical input port/ processor in soundbar has failed.

We can test optical cable and soundbar by connecting it to a CD or DVD player optical out port, if you get sound then we are sure that problem is within TV and I would recommend to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check if sound comes through soundbar?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No luck unplugging the TV and trying again with the optic cable and my CD and DVD players are too old to have optic cable outputs
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, check with any friend who has DVD player with optical out as most of DVD players have it and this test will help a lot to figure out what is bad.

OR try another soundbar to TV to see if it works?

Right now we are looking at three things, TV, Optical Cable and Soundbar and need to verify things to figure out the defective thing.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.