Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

No video showing on screen but can hear sound, Tried to turn

Customer Question

No video showing on screen but can hear sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tried to turn Xbox on last night and my son pressed buttons and now we can't get picture don't know what he pressed
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of your TV?

Also, will pressing MENU on the original TV remote pull up the TV's native MENU?

Additionally what else is connected to the TV besides the Xbox?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well DVD player but has no cord running to anything
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can get menu pulled up
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a sharp 90" it's mounted on wall so can't pull numbers off back
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

So you're saying you receive your regular programming through a DVD player that's not connected?

I'm asking how you receive broadcasts on the TV please. Is there a cable box of some sort?

If so, can you please disconnect the cable box from wall power for 10 seconds and plug it back in as a reboot and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On here now I rebooted that last night with charter
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Xbox is usually what they watch movies on
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, well since your TV's MENU shows, but your cable signal does not this would point to a fault in the cable box or the connecting cables. The only way to narrow it down from there is replace the HDMI cable, and/or try ANOTHER device. In other words if you switch right back over to the Xbox right NOW- will it display picture- yes or no please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im looking at Xbox and discovered a hdmi cable just out should I put this in back of DVD player or back in Xbox it says in or out idk
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was no issue prior to this
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry, but with cables disconnected and me not being there to see how they were connected prior- I would not know. Something with in or out? Can you please try to elaborate with more details if you're looking to get this solved?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
These are what I'm seeing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is back of Xbox
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, sorry about this, but since you have disconnected cables, and are just showing me various remotes and Input options, I would have no way of helping you. I will need to opt out and perhaps another expert can offer some assistance here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cord was out thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Do you still need assistance with this problem?

Please let me know