Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an lg led 3D TVs the unit switches on and stays on

Customer Question

I have an lg led 3D TVs the unit switches on and stays on but I do not get a logo I I've changed all the boards psu, main and tcon so far no luck when it first died we seen faint horizontal lines on screen I noticed an electronic burning smell from the sensor board and a fizzing noise would replacing the sensor bar help the TVs main go into start up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not really think I've covered what's happened so far thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the TV Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also the standby light is white
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi pete
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Any idea what happened the TV?

Was it damaged during a power surge or thunderstorm?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think that one of my kids slammed a drink down and a drop wend down the front near remote sensor we noticed a few faint lines at first that made it look like we were watching ntsc in pal then it eventually went off
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's my theory anyway think I saw a tiny drop of liquid in inner casing when I opened it
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If any liquid has got near the panel itself then it could be fried :\

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've managed to get lines on Pannel when adjusting ribbon and everything lights up just won't go give me the logo and standby is white the sensor boardis the only thing that smells
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not100 percent that's what happened
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

It seems you have already tried replacing all of the main boards that could cause this problem, so I'll check if the other experts can offer any further input on this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Upon reading everything you've posted here, this indicates a bad LED panel in the TV, which is not replaceable- since the panel costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and are not sold by the manufacturer aside from purchasing a new TV. The T-con, Mainboard and Power Supply have all been replaced and your panel is still not producing any images- so unfortunately this does tell us with certainty that the panel itself in the TV is faulty, and unfortunately, aside from purchasing the exact same model number TV, used, or with a different fault and taking the panel out of that set- this is not a repairable fault.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm very sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks its no so bad as I already purchased a new tv i'll strip this one down now and sell the parts
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay I understand, and that is a good call. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.