Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have th standby light and lamp light flashing

Customer Question

i have th standby light and lamp light flashing
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

2- Any idea, how old is the TV and was the old lamp broke/ shattered?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hls6187wx/xaa i think is about 8 years old.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** replace the lamp in TV?

If so, what prompted you to get it replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i just replaced it because the tv has be broken before and i assumed (not good) that was the problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

As it is mentioned in initial question, lamp and standby lights are flashing which is an error code that indicates the lamp door sensor switch isn't closed and possible reason is either lamp cover/ door isn't placed back on TV or sensor switch is broken.

Please make sure the lamp cover/ door is placed back on TV securely and tight, turn On the TV and check.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is the door directly behind the lamp?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

No, its the cover of lamp housing that you removed as first thing on TV to replace the lamp.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
now just the lamp light is flashing
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry said something to soon. all the lights are flashing
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, all three lights flashing indicate several issues but mostly indicates bad lamp.

Where did you get new lamp from and what was the price?

I guess replacement lamp would be off of ebay or amazon that cost around $40 or so?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
projector lamp world it was about 50
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, please return the lamp to supplier and ask for better quality lamp OR buy original replacement lamp directly from Samsung Parts, click the link to view price info and to order it..

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-01472A-PHI.aspx?model=HLS6187WX/XAA

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the lamp i purchased isnt going to work?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Yes, because TV is telling us with all three flashing light that this lamp is bad.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.