Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just read the three blink problem that was 7 years old I

Customer Question

hi ***** *****. I just read the three blink problem that was 7 years old I have the same problem and I read all the way through and it said that thelamp door was melted which is the same as mine unfortunately I feel I'm seven years too late. I've already replace the lamp once. I don't remember it being melted like this the last time I did it. I have another lamp that I've installed I shut the door the best I could is there anywhere that I can buy a new replacement lamp door? I don't know if it'll work.I also don't know if I can somehow activate the switch to make it seem like the doors shut.names Andy would appreciate any help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's a Sony Wega model number KDF -42we655. which I purchased in 2004 it has the same three blink problem and I replaced the lamp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Entire TV would be disassemble to access to activate the switch, can you do it?