Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

42" plasma T.V. model 42PA30RQ (flatscreen) will not turn

Customer Question

42" plasma T.V. model 42PA30RQ (flatscreen) will not turn "on" anymore. Plugged in, was on, turned off, that's all she wrote. Any fuses to be concerned with?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
with time. must find meter down celler first.

OK let me know there is no rush

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Plugged back in, sorry, there is a red light, and when you hit the "on" button it switches to blue. But no power to T.V.for picture nor sound.

OK that sounds like the set is going to the ON mode.

Now if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony