Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Smart TV and seem to be able to play only

Customer Question

I have a Sony Smart TV and seem to be able to play only about an hour of Amazon TV. Then I get a signal that it can't play anymore. Why?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I just set up my Amazon account a few days ago, and the first time it said I didn't have enough bandwidth to play longer. Tonight I watched 2 episodes of Mozart in the Jungle, and then it said it couldn't play the third episode. Period.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the model of the tv?

How is it connected?
What type of internet connection do you have?
Have you had problems with any other apps (netflix, youtube, etc)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I guess it's a Sony Bravia.
I have no idea how it is connected. What do you mean?
Internet connection is AT&T.
And no, I don't have problems with any other apps.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Bravia is the series, but not the model, it would be printed on the back of the tv.

For the connection I mean is the sony connected to wifi? Or a wired ethernet connection to your router?