Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I replaced my main board on my Mitsubishi dlp wd 73638 but

Customer Question

i replaced my main board on my Mitsubishi dlp wd 73638 but it still will not power on it just continue to blink yellow lights
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had in storage for a while I got it out a couple of months ago and this was my results I took to a repair man and he advised me that it was my main board so I went from that notation and replaced it myself
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no that was pretty much it but before I took it to the repair guy it was blinking red 5xs and yellow 7xs and the green power light was coming on for a brief second but then it will shut off but now it just do steady yellow blinking after I replaced the main board
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Here is what I can tell you:

1. 57 error is not usually a main board issue. It means there is an issue with the Ballast. That COULD mean bad communication from the main board, but that would require significant diagnosis with a meter.

2. Yellow blinking steady simply means the lamp door is not put on the tv. There is a switch that the tv checks before it will power on. The lamp door makes contact with the switch.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before we go any further, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Thank you,