Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a tachi TV model V6G000363 55HDX99. I just purchased

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi TV model V6G000363 55HDX99.
I just purchased an Amazon fireTVstick.
I connected the stick to the HDMI 1 connection on the back of the TV and it works perfectly.
On my cable remote I press TV input but it does not change to HDMI2 to watch cable. It seems like the TV only recognizes HDMI1.
How do I get TV to recognize both HDMI1 AND HDMI2?
I tried using the input button on the side of the tv but all that comes up is DVD, VCR, AIR, CABLE (STB), CAM, Photo input, and IEEE1394. That is what comes up with the remote also. I do not have the original TV remote.
I do not want to have to get up to change the Fire stick and cable to the HDMI1 connection. The cable company says the TV input button should change from 1 to 2 and I should be able to use both the cable and the fire stick. Can you help? I have been on the phone all afternoonwith Amazon and cable and they said to call Hitachi.
Thank you for any help you can give us.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

Are you absolutely sure you do not have the original Hitachi remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have the Hitachi remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Your tv has three hdmi inputs. They should be pre-labeled as:

Video 1

Video 2

Video 5

When you press the INPUT button on the side of the tv, do you see these in the list of available inputs? among all the other inputs

Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

If you do not, then they have been re-labelled and/or disabled in the menu of the tv and you will need to get into the menu using an original Hitachi remote:

CLICK HERE TO SEE/BUY ORIGINAL HITACHI REMOTE

Once you get the remote press MENU goto SETUP goto SET THE INPUTS. There you can see what the current labels are and rename them and/or ENABLE any that are disabled.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No,none of these apoear when I press the input button . It only gives me Vcr, Dvd etc that I already listed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Confirms what I have stated. The input(s) have been re-labelled and/or DISABLED in the menu and you MUST use an original Hitachi remote to re-enable and/or label the input(s). There is no other way except to buy an hdmi switch which would be more trouble than getting the remote.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you call me and help me with this issue
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

No sorry, not at this time. But you can certainly reply and explain what part of my answer do you need help with.

It is pretty straight forward- get a Hitachi remote (link has been provided twice), and go into the tv menu to enable/label the inputs that have been changed/disabled.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Is there some part of that that is unclear?

If you want I also can provide a link to the tv manual and pages that explain the input label/disable/enable process.