Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 46 inch Sharp Aquos lcd. Power and opc button blink

Customer Question

I have a 46 inch Sharp Aquos lcd. Power and opc button blink twice together and then power once
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Beau and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...46 inch Sharp Aquos lcd..."

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
LC-46D85U
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

The LED blinks would be indicative that the system has kicked in auto-protect mode due to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?