Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Rod, I had an older Sharp Aquos that I sold to a neighbor

Customer Question

Hi Rod,
I had an older Sharp Aquos that I sold to a neighbor model # ***** The TV has always been great but when he hooked it up to Direct TV, he doesn't get any sound. This particular model had side speakers that always functioned when I had it hooked up to my standard cable box. Do we need to reset something?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, if it works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar (usually consisting of stars at the top of the page) that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony