Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Ihave your montier that is hooked up and power light is

Customer Question

Ihave your montier that is hooked up and power light is blinking but the screen will not light up, I need it to read.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the AOC F1770 connected to a desktop or to a laptop computer please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hooked up to a magni sight reader Modle, mse-ac17-ve.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you with me loule, You see I can only see about 30%'
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

HI again Paul and yes still here. But for some reason, the model "... magni sight reader Modle, mse-ac17-ve..." is reported back as an non-0valid product.

Can you re-check please?

Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Perhaps a MagniSight MSE AC17 VS?

And can not proceed with the phone call; "...Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet..."

And has this MagniSight been working before? ....even if paired with another monitor?

Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

I have tried for the second time time make the call but still "... Payment for this service failed..."

Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

As a test, can you please try the AOC F1770 with a computer? ...the screen resolution may have to be adjusted for 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz for compatibility

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the it is the same and with this monitor,The owner passed away and I bought it. and you got the right sight reader now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can, take me a min,
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Yes please, as a test by process of elimination, can you please try the AOC F1770 with a computer? ...the screen resolution may have to be adjusted for 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz for compatibility

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hooked it up toa dell computer and it still wont come on, Just the power light is blinkeing.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Very significant findings as it would confirm a monitor issue.

Have you checked or perhaps better yet, replace the VGA cable?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have to cables
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

If the resolution is as per specs / lowered and even with a new cable connected to a computer yet the AOC F1770 fails to operate, then the blinking LED light would be indicative of the system kicking in auto-protect mode. There is an internal hardware issue and would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Louie your a great technician, But this is not working r1ght, I will have to take it local and get it fixed, Have to cancel my merember ship, We tried as I said I cant see onle about 30%.Sorry for all the trouble,Tks Paul
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I am just a home owner.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

I understand Paul.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Repair or replace.

It may be to your advantage to consider a replacement taking into account service fees.