Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have a Samsung 50 inch tv about 6 years old. Just now the

Customer Question

We have a Samsung 50 inch tv about 6 years old. Just now the picture went out and the blue button on the front is making the same noise like it does if you turn it off over and over again. The power button doesn't turn it off either, I had to unplug it. What could be wrong
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry this has happened, very frustrating, OK with plasma they can develop issues with the scan boards they can go short circuit and the set will then go through a cycle routine (very fast) and this is the situation you have now, the thing is that checks will need to be made with a meter and the short circuit identified, the board ordered and replaced, now I can help you with that if you are practical and can use a meter, I will provide all the relevant info for you to do the work yourself please let me know.

This may appear daunting to you but if you can use small tools and a meter (in this case) then my help should get you through fixing this yourself.

If you are not comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com <clcik

I am sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony