Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to hook up with netflix I do not have a button on my

Customer Question

Trying to hook up with netflix I do not have a button on my control to do this what do I do
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

You're going to need another device with which to receive Netflix on the TV, since Netflix only works with devices that have a dedicated Netflix button, or one that supports the Netflix apps from it's APP list.

The most cost effective method for your to get Netflix on this RCA TV is to purchase an Amazon Firestick, which connects to the HDMI port on the set, and then allows you to select the Netflix APP, the log in (or create an account on www.netflix.com) and you can then view Netflix content on the TV.

The FireStick is below and is a good option for a TV without the built in Netflix support:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick/9999119.p?id=1219460752591&skuId=9999119&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg12107&ksdevice=c&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAmNW2BRDL4KqS3vmqgUESJABiiwDTABNAaIS-QcSMhCscOGVJTXuK_Uo59krwof515kxkxBoCNMvw_wcB

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

This set has no internet connectivity, and therefore is not a Smart TV. A Smart TV is required, along with a Netflix button on the remote to be able to receive Netflix broadcasts directly. That is why I suggested the Firestick above so that you could still enjoy Netflix programming on your set.