Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Having trouble getting my th-50px20 tv to work with my X1

Customer Question

having trouble getting my th-50px20 tv to work with my X1 COMCAST box I am using the hdmi cable all I see is snow, cable company says its not them on the action menu it says hdmi in auto can you help. thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you select HDMI input in source list that would appear when press Input button on TV remote?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it is all ready selected
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, do you have another video source such as DVD/ bluray player etc to connect to HDMI input of TV as a test to confirm the TV?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

We need to narrow down the issue so please get an video device (DVD, bluray or PS3 etc) to figure out if TV is working fine with it?

OR alternately can you hook the cable box HDMI Out into another TV to see if cable box is working?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the cable box works fine a have another tv working on it fine, I am looking for a cable to hook up my pc
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, please pull the HDMI cable from cable box and plug it in C/Laptop to see if TV displays computer picture through HDMI input?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no it does not
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can see the tv on my pc when looking for displays I am trying to get a picture up now
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

TV on PC?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am connected to the pc with the htmi cable. I can see the tv, says it working fine trying to bring up pictures still snow
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, so PC recognize the TV as monitor, but TV screen still shows snow though HDMI input is selected?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
that is correct
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

.