Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a tc-p42g10 model tv. About 20 minutes ago I saw and

Customer Question

I have a tc-p42g10 model tv. About 20 minutes ago I saw and heard a pop from the back of the set. Now there was a small flashing red light in the front. I stopped while tyoing this message. It wont turn on. What the solution besides replacement?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Kathy and welcome

The pop you heard in the TV is a capacitor that blew on the power board, its why your getting this smashing red light.

Please remove the power to it as you do not want to have power in the set with this issue. You will need to get the powerboard replaced.

If you wish to do the repair yourself, the powerboard you can get from my link below

Click me to view

Else you will need to look at having a professional do this for you with a cost of about $150

Of course, if it is under warranty, the TV will be covered by the warranty for this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Kathy can you please let first let me know how many times the power-light is blinking between pauses please.

The cause of this is not capacitors but failing scan boards (the FETs make the ""pop") however let me know the blinks first please thank you

Anthony

So for the power-light blinking 7 pause 7 and so on as an example