Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a 39L135OU tachi TV has sound back light no picture. if

Customer Question

have a 39L135OU Hitachi TV has sound back light no picture.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if you hit menu button nothing shows up ,, I can see back lights though
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

How long have you owned this set for, and when did the problem occur please?

Also, when you first power the set up, does the Hitachi welcome screen display?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back when you're able to see this. Given the symptoms I do have a good idea of what's needed to fix your TV However I need to know about the initial welcome screen- if it displays or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not have a welcome screen. Just sound,blue screen for just a second then dark.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. This would be your T-con board that has failed. Capacitors will only cause hard startups, or random shut offs, but the set having backlights and sound from the mainboard means the power supply, backlights and mainboard are fine, and the issue is within the LCD controller. Unfortunately, I believe the T-con in this set is part of the screen- which means it's not repairable. I'm not seeing any sources showing a separate T-con board for sale. Is there any chance you can postback with a picture of the set with the back removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get you a photo asap
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, sounds good.