Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Panasonic Plasma HDTV - Class 1080p The closed

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic Plasma HDTV - Class 1080p
The closed captioning is on. No one here claims to have put it on, but we can't get it to come off. We go to menu, scroll to closed captioning, and make sure it says off next to the mode. Still on. Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you using a Cable Box with the set? If so the CC function is activated within the cable box itself- not the TV. The TV only accesses CC when using it's built in tuner through the coaxial port (not when using a cable box).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If so, please unplug the cable/SAT box from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in to reboot it. Once it's rebooted check and see if the CC function is still on.

If so, then I will need the Make and Model off of the front of the cable box to help further (for example: Explorer 4340HD, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.