Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv won't turn on. Get a quick light on the left corner, but

Customer Question

Tv won't turn on. Get a quick light on the left corner, but then nothing happens. Have checked all connections.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. What is the full model number off of the back of the Vizio and how long have you owned it please?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
E400I-B2
have had it for about a year
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. We will need to know if you're just under or over a year in most cases, since these symptoms point to a hardware related fault in the set. In some cases this requires parts to fix the issue- and I can help you with that as well.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still no picture. Get a blinking light on lower left corner, but does not bring up sound or pucture. Going to xall cabke cimpany.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

The cable company has nothing to do with the set doing this- did the Vizio welcome screen show up on the TV or not?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Here's the thing- the buttons on the Vizio set itself, or the ORIGINAL Vizio remote supersedes any connections from the cable company. So does the Vizio welcome screen showing up on the screen when you turn the TV on. This will always display even if you completely disconnected the cable box. If you're saying it does not, then this indicates a hardware failure in the TV, which the cable company does not repair- they only handle their boxes and signal. So are you saying that even if you use the Vizio remote and press MENU- that the TV's native MENU won't display on the screen?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No dispkay at all. No time to continue as i am working from home and have a phone meeting that cant be interrupted with these chats.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry, I won't interrupt you further, however your TV needs repairs- as it's power supply board has failed. It has nothing to do with the cable company. If you're over a year from the date of purchase you can swap the board yourself (I can help you with this), or a shop will charge $250 parts and labor. If under a year, then you'll contact Vizio. Sorry for the bad news on this one and I wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cable repair already scheduled. No further assistance needed.