Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Tv will not operate past the LG "Life's Good" screen....few

Customer Question

Tv will not operate past the LG "Life's Good" screen....few minutes, then black
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
60lb100-ug

That is it but you have not got it right please re-check

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
60Lb6100

OK thanks when the pic goes off if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

How old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No buttons work

So the menu does not come up

How old is the set now please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
3-4 years

OK let me tell you this about this issue on many occasions we have found the back-lights themselves causing this issue, its the back-lights going off that is causing the issue now other things have been power/led back-light driver board and bad firmware however the most common issue is the back-lights going bad, unfortunately it is not an option to replace the back-lights in a modern set as they are integral to the panel itself, now I am not condemning the back-lights totally I am just giving you the most common problem for this, what a tech would do is swap the power and main-board if that did not clear the issue the back-lights are then verified bad.

If you want to go the way of swapping the boards (no other way to check boards) then please let me know I will be happy to help you

I am sorry for potential bad news here let me know what way you want to go with it.

If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony