Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The power tv seems to have just given out all of a sudden.

Customer Question

Hello
The power for my tv seems to have just given out all of a sudden. The ready light does not come on either. I've only had the tv for 5 months now. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

What I have said above would be true if you did not have any warranty with the set the set should however have 12 months warranty so please explore getting the set either fixed or replaced under warranty

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I would not be able to do any of those things. I can take it in however...I wanted to see if there was anything I could do.

I am sorry about that if you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if I can do anything else

Anthony

PS please remember the rating thank you