Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

While our TV was on, we had a power outage Friday night that

Customer Question

While our TV was on, we had a power outage Friday night that lasted for two hours. When power was restored and I reset the Channel Auto Menu, the lower half of the screen was blocked out by a black rectangle. My service provider was unable to correct other problems associated with other TV's. He was unable to correct the issue on our Philips/Magnavox PR0920X.
What should I do?
Bernie
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bernie and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to a cable feed? ...or is there a cable box used with the TV?