Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

TV, model #L42WD22YX5, TV, model #L42WD22YX5 TV flashes on

Customer Question

TV, model #L42WD22YX5
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: TV, model #L42WD22YX5 TV flashes on for about half a second then goes dark. Power Indicator lamp blinks 5 times, pauses, continues to do this. I have measured the voltage on the power supply connector, there is 11.9 volts DC on some of the pins, 24 volts DC another pin. This voltage goes away when screen goes dark. I have an oscilloscope if that would be of benefit.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This TV has been flaky for a while. When it was left on overnight connected to a HDMI input (Roku) it would lock up and the power had to be removed in order to make it come on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If the voltage is not being sustained then the power supply board is suspect.

Try fitting a replacement power supply board and let me know if that resolves the issue?