Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Trying to figure out how I can watch the Oscars without

Customer Question

trying to figure out how I can watch the Oscars without cable subscription. We do have a fast internet connection
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We have a flat tv set connected to the computer with the fast internet. how can we watch the Oscars? We don't have cable.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope, this is it. We bought an antenna today but it doesn't work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. First I have several questions please. What type of antenna did you buy for your TV, and how far are you from your local station... approximately? The only way you will be able to stream it to your computer is with a cable TV subscription, and that is being limited to only a handful of major cities.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HDTV Antennacraft antenna
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Is this an indoor or outdoor antenna?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am in the center of the city in Philadelphia. This antenna is only showing us 3 channels, most of them in spanish...
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Okay thank you. If this is an indoor antenna, you are probably not going have much luck with good reception. Did you do a full channel scan after connecting the antenna?

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Still with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry,So, what can I do without the antenna?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Well first make sure the antenna is as high up as you can get it then do a full channel scan. If that doesn't work, the only way you will be able to watch using the ABC streaming app is if you know of someone that has cable. You will need to use their log in information to access the app, otherwise you cannot watch.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

This is the LINK for watching the Oscars.