Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

MY T.V. BOX HAS CEASED FUNCTIONING. I CANNOT TURN ON THE

Customer Question

MY T.V. BOX HAS CEASED FUNCTIONING. I CANNOT TURN ON THE BOX, AND THE LITTLE BLUE LIGHT DOES NOT ILLUMINATE WHEN USING THE REMOTE. THIS BOX WAS INSTALLED SEVERAL MONTHS AGO BY A COMCAST SERVICE PERSON.
I DON'T WANT TO BE CHARGED FOR A REPLACEMENT OR SERVICE CALL, BUT I NEED A TECH. TO COME OUT AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, John.

To clarify, this is a paid support site, and comcast/samsung do not provide this type of support for free either.

It is actually unlikely that this is only a box issue, based on your description so far.

Initially, unplug power to your comcast box for 60 seconds to reboot it.

If no change, I need to know if you can see the samsung on screen setup or input menus, and what the full model number of the tv is, as well as if you can use the tv with another device successfully (dvd, apps, etc).