Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm ***** *****, I have a panasonic tc-p42s30 tv that powers

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****, I have a panasonic tc-p42s30 tv that powers on but no picture and the led flashes 14 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: You push the power bottom and the red led on the front of the TV goes out like the TV powered on but the TV shows no picture. Then the led blinks 14 times
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in, press the power button immediately after the first relay click from the power supply is heard and check - Is the power LED solid red or is it still blinking?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The TV says April of 2011 on the back and it's been this way for a year. I plugged it in and after the first click I pushed the power button and the red light is out now?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

It should be solid red or blink, please press and hold power button on TV for more than 5 seconds, red light would start flashing again then please repeat the test to see if we get correct info from TV which will help to determine what is going on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Repeated the test twice and finally got the light to stay on solid
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Nice, solid red light after the test indicates P (power) board problem in TV and flashing 14 times light indicates A (main) board problem in TV.

So replace the Power board in TV which will help to resolve the problem. Please click following link to view power board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info to order it..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-p1pkuus-p-board.htm

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No but I'm waiting to close the question until after I get a replacement part installed and see if it fixes the issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, no problem, take your time and reply back how it worked.

Thanks.