Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 65 in Mitsubishi 1080 p dip TV. Picture great, but

Customer Question

I have a 65 in Mitsubishi 1080 p dip TV. Picture great, but sound abruptly did not come on 3 days ago when TV was first turned on for the evening. Any suggestions? TV is about 10 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to help, I need to ask for some more information.

1) How do you receive broadcasts on the set- is it from a Cable/SAT box please?

2) If you switch over to another source (such as a DVD player), is there still no sound?

3) (If Possible) Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If you're unsure of any of that info requested- simply reply back with what you do have, or at least reply back and let me know you're there please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. Cable
2 yes ther is sound if using dvd
3. Model: Wd-Y65
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. Since you're able to get sound using the DVD- this is good news actually, and means the issue is being caused by your Cable Box.

Simply reboot the cable box by disconnecting it from power for 20 seconds and plugging it back in. Once it reboots check and see if there is sound on the TV from the cable box. If that does not work the first time, simply try the reboot again, sometimes it can take a couple of reboots to work.

Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you I will try that
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. If that does not work, since we know there's sound from the DVD, then it means the fault is with the cable box. If the reboot does not work, simply contact the cable provider and have them replace the box.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?