Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have sharp aquos LC-68le810UN I had the blinling code led

Customer Question

I have sharp aquos LC-68le810UN I had the blinling code for bad led strip, I ford nit, replaced it. Was able to piower it up and went into the service mode and it stated lamp error 5, So I Reset that. Tried to repoer tv, and now all I get is a blink code of 2 slow with 5 fast flash. Seems strange that by doing a reset of the lamp error would trigger a PNL_POW code. Any Thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Matt,

Have you tested the voltage outputs from the power supply board?

A faulty power supply board can also cause these error codes to appear, since the other boards are unable to work correctly without the correct input voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok to test do I remove all harnesses? Black lead to ground and prob positive to all outputs? Or do I leave all harnesses attached?It seems strange that I had one code and I replaced the bad LED the tv was able to power the LEDs in service mode and when I reset the lamp error and repowered the tv now I get nothing. It's the same board, same power supply. Seams like I should be able to get back to the service mode screen rather than get the 2 slow 5 fast blink lights. Again. It was working fine before in service mode, I could leave the the tv on for whatever length I wanted.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You should leave all harnesses attached and connect the negative lead to ground and use the positive to probe the outputs.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Did you change anything in service mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing changed in service mode was lamp Error Reset, & Monitor Reset
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that may have inadvertently caused some other problem.

Let me see if another expert can assist you further with this...