Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My youtube app loads only have way and i will not access

Customer Question

my youtube app loads only have way and i will not access youtube any longer. This started happening about a week ago
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the youtube app on my vizio smart tv only loads half way and doesn't fully come up. This started happening about a week a ago. is there anyway i can get youtube to work again on my smart tv?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model#m55ovse
vizio
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now to see if it helps?

If problem still persist then I would suggest to restore TV to default settings, run initial setup wizard that would appear after reset the TV to see if problem resolved? To reset the TV, go to TV Menu > Help > Clear Memory (Factory Default) and press OK to proceed, put 0000 default code if it has not been changed.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have already tried those things. anything else? i just read about youtube doing an upgrade and no longer working with older devices. is that the case here?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

It wasn't mentioned what have already been tried out and yes, youtube has upgraded its system and old models having old version software/ firmware aren't able to playback youtube any more. If it is the only youtube app that doesn't work in TV and rest apps are fine then your TV isn't match with current youtube format and causing the issue. Alternately you can connect any streaming media player device such as Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV or Apple box etc to keep watching youtube on this TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello,
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Did you get my previous reply?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I understand. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.