Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My names is ***** *****, I have a Philips 50pfp5332d/37 TV.

Customer Question

Hi my names is ***** *****, I have a Philips 50pfp5332d/37 TV. The TV seems to work fine but with a minor color issue. I have replaced the bulb yet it hasn't corrected anything. the TV seems to display in black and white but no color, that is my issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like so how? I think that's the best I can describe it, there seems to be very little dim color or but my grayish. I have set tv with bright 100%and contrast 100% .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite /cable box/cable straight no box /antenna?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I understand of your question. Then I am viewing Xbox tv app on my Philips .

OK if you use another input like a DVD player for example is it the same using that?or is it just when you are viewing Xbox app?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Itd be all the same I suppose I don't have a DVD player.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do see what I think is yellow or like green. On most white letters and also purple like when it's tinted. I checked the colors and everything. And nothing seems abnormal.

You do need to eliminate the box as the cause , we need to do the same thing ourselves in the field I carry a DVD player

Let me know please and verify that another input is the same guesswork is no good thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wouldn't an Xbox and a DVD player be the same thing. They both carry the same cables to transfer video input and output. But if you really want me to test it I'd get a player tommorow.

Yes I understand but if the Xbox has a problem how will we know?the only way to know is to try something COMPLETELY separate even an old VCR anything that is separate from the box, or even how you viw TV services which may be separate from the box

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it doesn't work either just got a DVD player. And it has it own yellow red and white cables. It doesn't work either.

Have you tried a reset in the settings menu?there should be a "factory" or "shipping" reset option in the settings menu

Let me know please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yep I did that after I checked the bright and contrast Setting
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does the light bulb do. See. There's a blueish light amist all the gray film. So thAT MUST Mean there's color but it's not getting thru some how. Right.

Yes I understand but you are saying its more or less black and white the lamp wont cause that, the lamp hits a DLP chip with the picture on board the chip its then "projected" via some tricks with the mirrors onto the fresnel screen which in itself is like a magnifier, please let me know if the sets own menu is bad too or if this is normal, so press the menu button of the sets own remote control send me a picture of the screen picture and one of the menu up

Anthony