Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Gday mate im and im having issues with a teac dle5089fhd lcd

Customer Question

Gday mate im dave and im having issues with a teac dle5089fhd lcd tv
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was having issues with the tv not turning on from standby and a hissing noise from the tv i have replaced the power board (the old board looks like it has over heated with resin bubbling on the underside) which worked for the first few times on and off there is no hissing noise now but the tv will no longer turn on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Are you looking to carry out the repairs yourself, or are you looking for an estimated repair cost?

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you are looking to troubleshoot the problem yourself, you will need a multimeter and schematics as a minimum, along with some knowledge of how to test high voltage electronic circuits. Let me know how you would like to proceed?