Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

No RGB signal. The man I am helping is old and may have

Customer Question

No RGB signal. The man I am helping is old and may have pushed a button accidently
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He keeps getting a Univision channel in Spanish and in trying to get back to another channel he must have hit the wrong button. Now we get a No RGB message and I can't get the TV working again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The TV's "Input" was changed which is why the No RGB signal is on the screen. You will need to find the button on the original TV remote, or on the TV itself- labeled "Input" or "TV/Video" to bring the input back to the cable broadcasting.

Now, that is all I can offer without having more details. I would need the following to help further:

1) The model number off of the back of the TV.

2) Is the original remote available?

3) How are broadcasts received on the set- is there a Cable/SAT box connected, or an antenna, or cable directly from the wall to the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.