Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Model #TH37PX6OU no picture

Customer Question

Model #TH37PX6OU no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more information.

1) How long have you owned the Panasonic for and when did the problem occur?

2) What is connected to the set (Cable/SAT Box, DVD player, Home Theater System, etc.)?

3) Are there any blinking lights on the front of the TV?

4) Is the sound working?

5) If you grab the ORIGINAL PANASONIC REMOTE, and press MENU- will the MENU display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 years -today
Cable and DVD and receiver
no
yes
yes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the TV's native MENU displays, then it's unlikely the TV itself is the root cause of the problem. Since you mentioned a "Receiver", and in most cases ALL video sources run THROUGH the receiver before outputting the signal to the TV, that would be your most likely culprit.

However without knowing the connection scenario with your setup, this is just the general "most likely" culprit.

Can you tell me IF all sources (Cable and DVD) are running THROUGH the receiver before the signal goes to the TV?

Or does each device have it's own connection to the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If all sources are run THROUGH the Home Theater receiver, then a good way to determine whether the TV itself, or the Home Theater receiver is the cause of the problem, is to connect a Source (say the DVD for instance) DIRECTLY to the TV bypassing the receiver and see if the picture will display. Also check that the TV's Input is set to the correct one that you typically use for viewing from the home theater. Let me know what you find.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.