Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased a vizio ty in december. last week end i dropped

Customer Question

i purchased a vizio ty in december. last week end i dropped it and broke the screen. and trim piece. it isn't under warrenty. but master card will replace it if i can get an estimate showing that it isn't worth it. but so far no one can help .can you give me something i writing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is a vizio e43-c2 the screen is cracked and the front trim is broken.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

When a screen on an LED/LCD or Plasma TV is broken- the TV is not repairable, as the screen cost 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires rebuilding the entire set (from the inside out), in order to fix the issue. Additionally screens are not produced by manufacturers as a separate purchase- they only produce enough to be used in built TV's, so the screen would not be available for purchase anywhere.

Whenever we see any TV with a broken screen in the field, the set is indeed considered "Not Repairable". It is more cost effective to replace the set versus repairing it.

You can feel free to print off this reply and produce it to whomever requests it for future reference.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.