Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Ms... I have a WD65C10, it will come on few seconds then cut

Customer Question

Ms.Jones.. I have a WD65C10, it will come on for a few seconds then cut off with a steady red light why is that?? Also have a WD62 527 th flat come on for a few seconds and if you try to change the device it shuts off with a Green blinking light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- There are two different model numbers of TV, which one you wish to troubleshoot and you would need to post fresh question for other TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, ok we can start with the WD65C10
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, WD-65C10.

Does the status light turn to solid red?

If so, when did you replace lamp last time in this TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yesterday
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, where did you buy the replacement lamp from and how much you paid for it?

I guess lamp would be from Amazon or ebay for $40-50, correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Amazon for 96.00.. I have another question why is it so hot where the lamp is when the tv is on
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info, steady red status light indicates that this replacement lamp isn't good quality so please return it and ask for better quality lamp, your TV is just fine and all it needs good quality lamp. I would recommend to get replacement lamp directly from Mitsubishi Parts where it is available for $119 and it would last longer..

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/PartsForModel/WD-65C10

This type of lamp has two electrodes inside and generates high bright light with high volts arc that produce much heat as well that is why cooling fans are mounted nearby to exhaust hot air from TV while TV is working. This is design of TV and quite normal. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.