Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LG TV that the volume will increase all the way to 100 all

Customer Question

LG TV that the volume will increase all the way to 100 all on it's own. The TV has also turned itself on all on its own and the volume increased to 100. You have to unplug the tv to stop this. You can't turn it down with the remote when this happens.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm at work and the tv is at home. I'll have to send that to you later

Hello

OK that is no problem you need to be wiith the set anyhow thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is 47LG70-UG

OK we need to follow a procedure of checks beginning with the remote so what you need to do is kill the remote by taking the batteries out and observing the set again for the increase in volume let me know if it does or not please

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Since this happens infrequently, an I supposed to be just not using a remote now waiting to see if the volume raises on its own? It didn't happen yesterday, but I can't say it isn't due to taking the batteries out. Now I'm watching a tv that I can't change the channels on
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

You see it could be the remote as well as a problem inside the TV, you will be able to use manual buttons on the set itself whilst this angle gets eliminated

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't think it's the remote. What's the next step?

OK let me explain what happens, on the set itself will be a volume control, underneath those buttons on the set will be the "tact switches" for the volume up and down, what happens is usually in humid climates the tact switches oxidize and begin behaving like as though they are being pressed all the time or in your case intermittent, a workaround for this is to just disconnect the function board the volume and channel change is attached to (its seldom used) and continue to use the remote as normal, you can replace the function board later if you wish to.

Let me know if you can do this task its simply pulling out the feed to the function board.

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need more explanation on your last instructions. Am I taking off the back of the tv? Can you describe this in a bit more detail?

Yes the back of the set needs to come off.

You need to locate the little function board behind the volume/channel change on the set itself then there will be one lead feeding that board , simply pull the lead out

Let me know you understand this and can do that

Anthony

Hi

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I finally got around to taking the back off of the tv. The wires from behind the volume button come out from behind the input button and all plug in to a board via a white plastic plug. Is this what I pull? Photos are attached.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I pull the plug (if I'm supposed to)? I can't seem to pull on it with my fingers

You see the buttons on the front of the set the little board is behind directly behind that now please take another photo of the complete board because I did not expect there to be 2 plugs on that board there should only be one