Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LN52A750R1FXZA. Current problem - when the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LN52A750R1FXZA.
Current problem - when the TV is powered on, the right 1/3 gets a double image. At times the screen goes 100% white with running vertical lines. Then after 30-60 minutes the TV goes to a perfect picture. My first thought was to replace the Main Board (BN93-01708Q). FYI - The capacitors were replaced under warranty a few years ago.
Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Can you please provide me picture of TV so I can view the double image issue which will help to diagnose the problem quickly?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently the TV is in use and the picture is fine. Turning off-on it returns with a good picture. I'll need to take pics tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time and post back with picture in your convenient time to proceed with troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please try again to attach the images.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures, though pics are tiny yet it worked to view the issue.

Please recheck power board capacitors and check output volts of power board, if all look good then I'm afraid it seems display panel (LCD screen) internal issue which is irreparable and entire screen will be replaced but it would not be economical repair because it may cost more than new TV price of same size so at that point you would be better off with a new TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated before the capacitors were replaced under warranty a few years ago. BTW I'm not an electronics person. I'm strictly at a board replacement level! If the LCD screen is bad wouldn't it always be bad? After warming up the screen looks perfect - sometimes.
Thanks
Dave
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand Dave, LCD panel has complicated circuitry inside and panel internal temperature affects its function, since you get normal picture after some time so keep using the TV, swapping the power board is only option here if you wish to confirm the screen, please get the part number off of label pasted on power supply board (part number would start like BNxx-xxxxx) and search/ google it to get price info to order it.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.