Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Mitsubishi medallion hd 1080 older model. My son

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi medallion hd 1080 older model. My son gave it to me. It worked fine at his house. I just plugged it in and the screen came on just fine....it was on the "menu" screen. The screen said 3 things...on the language/idioma it said English, below that it said front button lock:on and in the bottom left corner it said tv will turn off in 2 minutes. I tried to use the front buttons to change "anything" I was seeing, but it turned off. Now it will not turn on at all. I have no remote. I unplugged it and plugged it back in after 10 minutes, but still no light. Can this be because that front button lock is on? ... If so or if not, how do I fix this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure...if I can...what else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I strongly suspect, you will need to find a remote that works with this TV model specifically.

That sort of security lock is not easy to overcome, otherwise.

But try this:

Locate the MENU button on the TV. (It may be under a sliding or folding cover. Or on the side of the TV where it isn't easy to see... use a flashlight up close if the light where the TV is, isn't strong.)

Hold down that MENU button for at least 10 seconds continuously. That may unlock it.

After that... looking for a remote that would work with this model, is probably the next best idea there is.