Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Toshiba 65" TV Need to know how to update the apps.

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba 65" TV Need to know how to update the apps. Wanting to watch Amazon Prime. Also when I choose YouTube it won't open.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Janice.

Unfortunately, your tv model is very limited in capability and while it is advertised as a smart tv, that was limited to just a few specific apps.

Amazon is not one of them - toshiba does not have a marketing agreement with amazon and amazon instant video is not supported on this tv. The prior marketing agreement that toshiba had with youtube is now expired as well and no longer supported.

The only way either of these things would change is if toshiba had new agreements with these services and published a specific update for your tv model. Because this is a 2014 model that is now discontinued, toshiba is no longer supporting it and there will be no updates for it.

While you could of course replace the tv, a more practical option would be to hook up an external streaming device to replace those functions and add several more.

You can spend $30-100 on a roku, roku4k, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need more help with this, Janice?