Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung ln46app550p3f power on problem. When powered on the

Customer Question

Samsung ln46app550p3f power on problem. When powered on the tv cycles 4-5(2-3 minutes) before picture and sound come on. Screens range from washed out solid colors to total pixilation to Black then ghost images of current show. What can I do besides new tv
Thanks
Paul
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please recheck TV model number as ln46app550p3f is incorrect?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model # *****
Code # *****
Mfr: Aug 2008
6-8 months
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info. This TV has history of failing capacitors on power supply board and some times main board also found for on-off cycle, however, power board is most common cause of delayed power On problem.

Picture quality issue is related to display panel (the screen) as it wouldn't be getting correct/ constant volts to function properly OR t-con board mounted on rear of screen under metal shield is defective OR internal circuitry of screen has failed and causing the picture problem (washed out, pixilation image etc).

Please either replace bad capacitors or entire power supply board to resolve the delayed power up problem and it might also fix the washed out picture issue as well, or you would need to swap t-con board to see if it fix the picture quality problem and if it doesn't then most likely it would be display panel (screen) problem which wouldn't be economical repair because screen replacement would cost more than new TV price of same size if Samsung Parts still have it in stockand you would be better off with an new TV.

Please click following supplier link to get required capacitors or power supply board or search/ google it with the part number off of label pasted on power board inside TV to get better price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=LN46a550p3f+

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
once tv comes on there is no picture quality issue. so I should only need the power supply. right?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Then Yes, I thought your TV has two issues as the initial question post has confused me.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would you happen to have the power supply part # ***** where I could get it. I can't seem to find on Samsung site
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Power supply board part number would be BN44-00202A, please confirm it by looking at label pasted on power supply board in TV then use the part number to search/ google to get price info.

Thanks.