Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Im ***** ***** ihave samsung PN58A550S1F when it turns on it

Customer Question

im ***** ***** ihave samsung PN58A550S1F when it turns on it has loud screeching sound and random pictures and turns itself on oand off for a long time
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when it turns on it has loud screeching sound and random pictures and turns itself on oand off for a long timewhen it turns on it has loud screeching sound and random pictures and turns itself on oand off for a long timeit also does this when source input is switched
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand the screeching sound and set cycling itself on and off indicates a hardware failure- either with the Power Supply Board (most commonly) or the Mainboard in the set. There aren't any resets or settings that will correct hits and it does require repairs on a component level.

To narrow down between those two boards requires voltage testing inside the set- using a digital multi-meter to see whether the power supply board is producing voltages, or if the mainboard is not providing a steady turn on command. The average cost for this type of repair is between $250-$300 parts and labor at a shop. If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and looking to repair the set yourself, you would either need to be comfortable measuring live voltages within the set- or the layman's approach would be to purchase both the power supply and mainboard, then replace one at a time until the set stays on.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I just reviewed your post, and saw that the TV also does this when the Input was switched. This points directly to the Mainboard in the set- and not the power supply. If you wanted to DIY repair the set, you can remove the Mainboard (it's a plug and play component) and send it to the repair center below. They will repair the Mainboard for $55 and mail it back to you:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1033/repair-service-for-samsung-pn58a550s1f-pn58a550s1fxza-main-board-bn97-02039a-bn94-01660a-causing-tv-power-cycling-failure-to-power-on-or-loud-screeching

Other than what's posted, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?