Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, What exactly if the problem you're having with your Sharp TV please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. On my sharp tv only power botton works other bottons doesnt work and remote control also doesnt work.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, what is the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also how long have you owned it for, and when did this problem occur?

What exactly do you see on your screen when you turn the set on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
lC-65D64U When i used remote control i acidently choosed option "use just bottons on a side of tv" so i could not use remote anymore.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Didn't you say the buttons on the side of the TV also don't work??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Then i tried to fix with thouse bottons on a side. I pushed menu botton and something else so those bottons is not functioning also
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When i pushed any botton it says the operation with control Panel is prohibited
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I've seen this issue before, and it's not caused by your setting the controls this way- it's a hardware failure in the TV's Mainboard. There is no way you can adjust any settings in the TV if the remote and the buttons on the side of the TV are not functioning- there's simply no way you can do it. In 90% of the cases I've seen- the TV's Mainboard needs to be replaced. I can help you with that as well.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i unpluged the cable hold the botton for 10 sec then turn it on back. I did it three time and it says the same. The operation with control panel Is prohibited.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If the problem is still there, then the only other thing besides replacing the mainboard is to try leaving the TV unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes that it resets. If it does not, then the issue is a lockup of the EEPROM (processor) on the Mainboard and requires the Mainboard be replaced. If looking to do this yourself the board can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-DUNTKE558FM01S-KE558-FM01S-XE558WJ-Main-Board-For-LC-46D64U-/262268198322?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Alternatively a shop will generally charge $275 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If i shoose to buy that board Do i need some special tools to replace it?
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

No special tools are needed- it's a plug and play board meaning the connections are plug in, and only a screwdriver is needed to remove the screws on the back of the TV to access it, then around the board to remove and replace it.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.