Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46X2000 the tuner is not working

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46X2000 the tuner is not working ...signal in but just the channel number and 'No Event Information' appears on the screen....do you replace the tuners?
I live in Perth
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand we're a pay for information site- we don't make visits to perform repairs. That being said, to replace the Tuner on a KDL46X is around $275 parts and labor- which is hardly cost effective on a 46" LCD set. So instead what I would suggest, is checking the AV and HDMI Inputs on the set- to make sure they're still working (try plugging a DVD player, etc. into any of the AV jacks on the TV, change the Video Input, and see if it will display). If so, then I would recommend simply purchasing an outboard Ant Tuner Box and simply connecting it between the antenna and the TV's AV ports. This bypasses the TV's tuner altogether and can workaround the problem (the tuner box's tuner takes over) for around 1/2 the cost of replacing the TV's tuner board.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

A unit like the one at the link below would work just fine for this purposes:

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/tv-blu-ray-home-theatre/blu-ray-dvd-recorders/pvrs-media-players/teac-digital-set-top-box-pvr.html

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.