Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv is stuck on channel auo scan
, tf is stuck on

Customer Question

tv is stuck on channel auo scan
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: tf is stuck on channel auto scan
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

When the TV was operating fine before and then moves to Channel Scan, this means the TV's Input was changed, and needs to be put back onto the one that you receive cable broadcasts from. So using the original TV remote, or the button on the TV itself, find the "Input" or "TV/Video" button and use that to select the Input you normally view from (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.).

If you're unsure how to do this, then please get me the model number off of the back of the TV, and let me now if you have the original TV remote nearby.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.