Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My name is ***** *****. I have no sound on my 55"Vizio tv. I

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have no sound on my 55"Vizio tv. I have even tried to connect just my laptop HDMI to HDMI.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tv is about 3 years old. During the past few months the sound would go out. but the picture would remain. After shutting the tv off for a few minutes then turning it back on it would work again for a while. The sound finally went out for good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

This can be frustrating however in many cases the problem is the box

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars that will be with this post at the top of the page thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried rebooting the directv box with no luck. I have even tried to just connect it to my laptop and still no sound.

OK the laptop confirms a TV issue can you get me the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model number
E550i-A0

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

The main-board process all the sound

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

If you have any issues with the above please take a photo and upload it using the paper clip, I will send it back with markers