Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

All 5 of the hdmi ports on my vizio tv 't work Is it a

Customer Question

all 5 of the hdmi ports on my vizio tv don't work Is it a common fuse? or am I screwed
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I want to try this first please

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>

1)Un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again

2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again

3)If still no go go to the VIZIO website and look for any firmware upgrade for the set under support for your model make sure you have the latest version of firmware.

If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further

If you are not comfortable with the work then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area, hopefully you have some practical ability to carry out work yourself please let me know so I can advise further

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a reboot power off held down the on button for over 60 sec waited over 10 minutes tried the blu ray player in the hdmi side slot no luck

Can you see my reply above please?

It encompasses all you need to know about HDMI drop out, its a common issue, please perform everything above and get back to me if no go you may need to replace the mainboard I will help you further with that

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Original expert here

Did you do the initial instructions I gave you?

Please let me know

I have already supplied a significantly different reply/answer Richard?you are out of this question now

Sorry about the mis-understanding here policy is that answer /reply is different and is the only one relevant thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have completed all instructions still nothing

OK in that case the HDMI drivers a re bad on the mainboard you will need to replace it, just to emphasize this is a plug in board do you think you can do that?i will provide all the inof you need and on going support

Let me know please

Anthony

What do you think please about replacing the board?I can provide you with everything you need to do that including where to get the board from thank you

Anthony