Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 which was already ceiling

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 which was already ceiling mounted in my condo when I moved in 3 years ago. Recently the picture started to cut out for a few seconds every minute or two. I replaced the bulb with a new one bought from Panasonic in Mississauga, ON, Canada, but it still continues to do the same thing - HELP!!!???
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Take it down - it will have to be taken down anyway, whatever the problem.

First, what you can do:

- check that there is *no* dust anywhere in the air-cooling path, from the bars on a grille being cleaned, to the fan blades likewise. Even a faint coating of light fuzzy dust can impeded air-cooling enormously.

That's the most you can try initially, and most likely to help.

Be sure when you re-mount it, that air circulation to any opening in the case, esp. to cooling grilles or vents, is not crammed up against the ceiling.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the flu right after you sent your suggestion so I couldn't try to get rid of the dust. When I finally cleaned the unit thoroughly yesterday it made no difference at all.

I am not sure what else to suggest for this problem, so I have Opted Out, opening it to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. When the unit cuts out, does it completely die, or does the bulb just go out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It cuts out for about 5 seconds. If I look at the lens it appears to be shining green but not enough to illuminate the screen. Then full power comes back on.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Okay thank you. Look carefully at the cooling fan, use a flash light if necessary and watch to see if it maintains a constant speed then let me know what you find.