Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Vertical black line in the middle left of an LG 50PK550

Customer Question

Vertical black line in the middle left of an LG 50PK550 plasma tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

Vertical lines are not handled by the boards on the sides. They are handled by the boards along the bottom edge of panel. These boards may be hidden under some metal framing:

CLICK HERE TO SEE EXAMPLE BOTTOM BUFFER BOARD

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get the following when clicking the link send:Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr63522101-xc-center-buffer-board.htm" on this server.Reference #18.7b02655f.1456071810.154f5fdb
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Can't say why you are not able to get to that site. Works perfect for me. Here it is again:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr63522101-xc-center-buffer-board.htm

or just go to www.shopjimmy.com and put in your tv model number. You are looking for the XR or XC or XL buffer board. Depending on where in the screen the line is. Yes, I saw the picture, but you need to line that up with the board on the back of the tv and verify the part number on the board before you buy a replacement board.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

or check it out on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201354358195

Please click the 3 to 5 stars at the top of the page before you go.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the tv opened and aligned the ribbon cable with the black line, what now?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

try reseating the ribbon cables on that board.

if that does not help replace that board (get numbers off board before ordering so you get the correct board).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one? Or all of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See the picture attached
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

both the blue circle and the red circle, assuming that one lines up with the black line on the tv.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled out both and reattached them, but the line still apears. Also it's more a green line up close.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Replace the board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How, why and which board? Where can I find the partnumber?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You need to replace the board you just re-seated the connectors. Because it is the next step in attempting to repair the tv. Numbers on the the board will start with LJ something.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

It's called the "XC" buffer board. If the line in the picture is actually lined up with the one you posted a picture of.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the part number is: EAX61309301. And yes the line is lined up with the connector in the red circle (on the far right side). Do you know any tv part suppliers in Europe/the Netherlands or ones with fast shipping? It seems the website of shopjimmy is somehow blocked or something by my internet provider, but i could workaround that via my mobile network.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

please, please, click the 3 to 5 stars at the top of the page before you go. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I replaced the board with a new one but the line still appears in the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What next?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Then you have a defective plasma display panel. There is no fix except replacing the entire screen which costs more than a new 50" tv. Replacing that board was the only chance at an easy fix and required to determine if the display panel is bad or not.